Sleepy Hollow Golf & Country Club
HISTORY OF "THE HOLLOW"
LITTLE SLEEPY - Founded in 1962 by Dr. Marshall "Little Sleepy" Glenn, Sleepy Hollow was built with the working man in mind. "Little Sleepy" distinguished himself as a basketball and football captain, and also later as a coach of both sports at West Virginia. Considered WVU's best all-around basketball player prior to World War II, Glenn established the season and career scoring records for that era. As a linebacker and blocking back, he was also a three-year football starter from 1927-29. Posting a 53-29-6 mark as a player in both sports, Glenn went on to become West Virginia's seventh basketball coach in 1934.
THE LEGEND - With nine holes opening in 1962, "The Legend" of Sleepy Hollow started. Built on farmland that was originally purchased in the 1940's by Dr. Marshall "Little Sleepy" Glenn, "The Hollow" was born. In 1972 the second nine was opened with "Little Sleepy" actively guiding the design as well as the construction. Today the course is solely owned by his five children and their families.